Thank you for your interest! - Please find enclosed a short
summary indicating the advantages of our shoe testing equipment (
Footwear flex tester ):
This equipment was developed together with company Sympatex
- Non-destructive method of testing the water tightness of
shoes together with the simulation of the walking movement for each
shoe. Testing the durability of gluing and seams, soles assembly,
bending strength of the sole.
- Very fast detection of quality problems especially for new
shoe developments because of permanent inspection at eight positions on
each shoe at the same time.
The complaints in your production will be lowered due to the
possibility to test your shoe samples daily.
- The time for the quality tests will be shortened due to a
very short time period for the clamping of the shoes (e.g. clamping for
two pairs of shoes approx. six minutes only). – Immediately after the
clamping procedure the Flex Tester switches into automatic mode!
- Your reputation at your shoe traders as well as at the
final customers will be increased due to the guarantee of proved water
tightness of your fabricated shoes.
- Very easy operation without using any tools and without
any loss of working energy for the clamping of the shoes.
- With the Fellner Walking Step Simulator you´ve got the
possibility to test two pairs of shoes (also different sizes or models)
at the same time.
- Nearly noiseless testing procedure.
- Only 230 V AC power supply necessary. (115 V AC).
- Portable machine, weight 25 kg.
- Immediately acoustic signal (Beep tone) in case of any
- Adjustable testing period with automatically shut down
after timing up, adjustable from 5 minutes to 250 hours,
alternatively automatically shut down of the examination over a preset
number of flexes, adjustable from 1000 to 1.5 million.
- Recording for each test and article number of:
Article number for each shoe.
Counter of flexes for each shoe.
Exact position of the leakage (up to 8 positions for each shoe).
Time period up to the leakage, displayed per shoe and per measuring
- Permanent documentation of the shoe´s quality due to the
automatically saving of all test results on the Personal Computer. –
Also a permanent print out mode is possible.
- The following data input modes are possible:
Article number per shoe.
Recording of the testing date as well as the testing duration.
The amount of flexes (bendings).
The duration of the thightness for each measuring position for each
- With these datas a complete documentation of your
production quality is possible!
- The going movement with the simulation is adapted to the
going movement in the reality by raising of the heel, the shoe becomes
thus as curved when natural going and deforms.
The scope of supply is defined as follows:
- computer controlled testing equipment for the simultaneous
testing of two pairs of shoes with eight measuring sensors for each
shoe. – Inclusive Testing Software.
- Serial Interface to your Personal Computer.
- Interface for the printing of the test reports without
using a Personal Computer.
- Clamping device, stainless steel executed for two pairs of
flexing speed (max. 50 rpm = 100 bendings/min or with special extras(Miltary version):
max. 66 rpm = 132 bendings/min).
- Adjustable flexing height per shoe (flexing angle)
possible from 0 ° to 30 ° or with special extras - additional a preset
of the shoe up to 35 ° is possible.
- Fellner Footwear flex tester works by method ASTM F1900 Standard Test Method for Water Resistance of Footwear Using a Walking Step Simulator and surpasses this standard in many areas.
The shoe is not leaking, but the water rises along the leather during the walking movement. Then it reaches the inside of the lining.
- The following test methods are partially comparable to our device: Satra TM34, ASTM D-2029, ALCA E56.
Acoustic and optical leakage alarm with visualation of the testing
duration to the leakage.
- Step counting device, counting the steps for each shoe to
the leakage. – The values are saved automatically.
- Water tub with drain valves.
- Two pairs of humidity testing soles (sizes according to
customer´s requests). – Each humidity testing sole can alternatively be
used for left as well as for the right shoes.
- A new feature since 2017 is an integrated measuring device, which checks the moisture at flap and shaft-edge (4 points at every shoe). With the additional sensors it is possible to check the hydrophobization of the leather.
- Another new feature since 2017 is an optional accessory to test the maxium of bendings for sandals - see image:
- Operation and documentation on the displays visuable in
German or English language.
- Labels possible in German or English language.
- Calibration certificate available. Example: Footwear flex test calibration certificate